**Please excuse cross-posting. This research study has received Simmons
University IRB approval.**

Greetings!

I am Jiebei Luo, a PhD student at Simmons University’s School of Library
and Information Science. I also work as a Financial & Economic Data
Analysis Librarian at New York University Division of Libraries. Together
with Professor Rong Tang, we are conducting a research study entitled “*Data
Competency for Academic Librarians*.” This study focuses on academic
librarians in the United States and Canada. The study aims to better
understand the data-related knowledge and skills needed in academic
librarians’ daily work and collect their perspectives on the data literacy
education that current MLIS programs should provide.

If you are an academic librarian working in the US or Canada, we invite you
to fill out a survey. The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to
complete. Your opinions are extremely valuable and can help shape data
literacy education for future generations of academic librarians. We
appreciate your and your librarian team’s participation in this study. We
would also greatly appreciate it if you could complete the survey by *August
31, 2022.*

If you have any questions about this study, please feel free to reach out
to us at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]).

Thank you again for your help and contribution to this research study!

>> Survey on Data Competency for Academic Librarians
<https://nyu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0f8IT70zXBTKmlo>

Best,

Jiebei

--
Jiebei Luo
She/Her

Financial & Economic Data Analysis Librarian
New York University
Email: [log in to unmask]
ORCID: 0000-0001-9823-585X <https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9823-585X>