Hello there,
I’m reaching out to let folks know about Community Webs <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/>, the Internet Archive's free community history web archiving program for local and community archives, historical societies, public libraries, and other cultural heritage organizations. This program is fully funded; there is no cost to participating organizations. We encourage you to Apply <https://form.jotform.com/220865326547158> now!

Community Webs seeks to empower public libraries to build archives of websites, social media and other web content documenting local histories and voices that are typically underrepresented in the historic record. The program offers a free multi-year subscription to the Archive-It <https://archive-it.org/> web archiving service, training and technical support, as well as resources for networking, professional development and in support of scholarly research.
We currently have 150 participants in the program from across the US and internationally. Here are some examples of what our existing members have been up to:

Los Angeles Public Library <https://archive-it.org/home/lapubliclibrary> is building web archive collections on the city’s art and culture, food history, and labor history
Jefferson-Madison Regional Library <https://archive-it.org/organizations/2002> is working on collections documenting community events, local news, and history and museums
James Blackstone Memorial Library <https://archive-it.org/home/blackstonelibrary> in Branford, Connecticut, is preserving their community’s COVID-19 response, neighborhood associations, and more
The Choctaw Cultural Center <https://archive-it.org/home/choctawculturalcenter> is creating web collections on the Nation’s history and culture, Tribal elections, and educational programs
You can find out more about the program on the Community Webs website <https://communitywebs.archive-it.org/about.html> or by viewing our recent presentation <https://archive.org/details/community-webs-apla-conference-presentation-2022> for the Atlantic Provinces Library Association Conference. For general information about Web Archiving, please see here <https://netpreserve.org/web-archiving/>.

We are now accepting applications. The deadline is August 31, 2022. We really hope you’ll Apply <https://form.jotform.com/220865326547158>.

Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you have questions. And please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested in the program.

Thanks very much!

Lori

Lori Donovan (she/her)
Senior Program Manager, Community Programs
Archiving & Data Services
Internet Archive