Hi my esteemed listmates,

We seem to generally broach more advanced tech questions than this but we
have some patrons visiting with simpler needs.

I was trying to help patrons locate any outdoor TV antenna or tower
climbers who could help with their outdoor antennas but it seems they have
all retired aso trying to receive over the air TV (as programs assert can
be done with a TV antenna) is not available for a lot of areas.

Just to experiment, I bought the best indoor antenna for my house and
placed it on almost every square inch of evereye all in every room ang
received about 4-5 TV stations, no local PBS just mostly 1960 TV shows.

My thought was tey could buy a Roku ($50 Amazon, Walmart) and with a
library hotspot connect that Roku to their digital TV (not analog even with
a digital converter box) and then use the Roku device to downloads PBS and
local TV stations via their hotspot.

Some patrons need hand holding so once you plugin the Roku will it search
for the hotspot and then you type  in the hotspot name and password and the
Roku connects to the net to download those TV stations?

I hear the over the air signal are all going 4K soon so does that mean you
need a particular Roku, not just any Roku.

Thanks so much,

Charles.

Charles Meyer
Charlotte County Public Library