Of course documentation is important, but I firmly believe all (as much as the vendors allow) subscriptions, licenses, support contracts, etc. as possible should be associated with generic, "departmental" email accounts to which multiple staff have access and the "name" should be something like "Library Systems".  Associating accounts with personal email or personal names is not only a problem when someone gets hit by the lotto bus, but when someone is sick or takes a vacation.

At one point we had an institutional license (for Symantec Ghost) that was linked to a user who had been dead for over a decade.  The email was resolved, but it was disturbing to have to enter/see the name of the user when the license number was checked.  (The name and license number were linked and couldn't/wouldn't be changed.)

Erich

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 15:46, Marisa Strong eloquently inscribed: