Please join us for the launch of the Burnham-Nobles Digital Archive, a digital collection documenting racially motivated violence targeting African Americans in the Jim Crow South.

 BY HANDS NOW KNOWN: The Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Digital Archive

 FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2022

Northeastern University School of Law’s Civil Rights and Restorative Justice Project will host an all-day hybrid conference to mark the launch of the Burnham-Nobles Digital Archive, an unprecedented, publicly accessible digital collection of 1,000 cases of racially motivated violence targeted against African Americans in the Jim Crow South.

SPEAKERS INCLUDE:

Margaret Burnham, Northeastern University School of Law

Daniel Domingues da Silva, Rice University

Hank Klibanoff, Emory University

Evan Lewis, Legacy Coalition

Monica Martinez, University of Texas/Austin

Melissa Nobles, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Christina Simko, Williams College

Tsione Wolde-Michael, Center for Restorative History,  Smithsonian Institute

Register at the following link:

https://eventregistration.northeastern.edu/event/06276d12-1833-43a2-8184-3c554f58afdd/summary?i=aDjQk52iI0eXE6Fh0dNY4Q&locale=en-US

Giordana Mecagni

she/her

Head of Special Collections and University Archivist

Northeastern University Library, 92

360 Huntington Ave.

Boston, MA 02115

Please note that the Archives and Special Collections is closed due to upcoming renovations in our physical space. During this period of closure collections will be inaccessible and reference services will be limited to remote correspondence consulting digitized material. For more information about access to our collections email [log in to unmask]

To learn more about our department, I encourage you to: