Collective Wisdom,

My library, Jackson County Library Services, checks out to our patrons
approximately forty Samsung Android Tablets to our patrons and we currently
utilize IBM' MaaS360 mobile device management (MDM) platform to manage
things such as what apps can be installed, locking-down settings, and to
wiping the tablets when they are checked back into the library. MaaS360 is
made for fleets of Android devices that are deployed to corporate employees
who use them for work until the device is redeployed to another employee or
the device is retired. It does not work well for regular three-week
checkouts.

The greatest issue we have with MaaS360 is the 20-30 steps it takes to wipe
the tables, but we also have had patrons information not fully removed from
the tablets after the wipe. We have had patrons hack the tablets which
prevents the MaaS360 kiosk app from reinstalling and problems with Knox
which is security software that Samsung uses on many of its Android devices.

What MDM solution(s) are you utilizing for your library's circulating
Android devices? Do you have any advice for my library's situation?

Thank you,

Christopher