I did something like this last month for creating transcripts from podcasts
using Amazon Transcribe.  Details and links to the code here:
https://dltj.org/article/generating-podcast-transcripts/

Peter

From: Dan Johnson <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>
Reply: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 21, 2022 at 2:01:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Re: [CODE4LIB] video to text

If your university gives you an Office 365 account (and Notre Dame does),
Word 365 will transcribe up to 300 minutes of audio per month from a sound
file in the .wav, .mp4, .mpa, or .mp3 formats. In my own (admittedly minor)
tinkering, I've been surprised at how good the transcript is. Microsoft has
a 90 second tutorial here: <
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/transcribe-your-recordings-7fc2efec-245e-45f0-b053-2a97531ecf57
>.

If you're handy with AWS, you can also use Amazon Transcribe (
https://aws.amazon.com/transcribe/), but that is much more involved. I have
no experience myself, though some colleagues have had success with larger
projects there.

Best,
Dan

https://click.fourhourmail.com/5qure95xkf7hvvo93wh2/7qh7h8h05vr4zrtz/aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvUmljaGFyZF9GZXlubWFu

--
*Daniel Johnson, Ph.D.*
*English; Digital Humanities**; and Film, Television, and Theatre *

*University of Notre Dame*
250C Hesburgh Library
Notre Dame, IN 46556
o: 574-631-3457