Hey all,

Librarians and other stakeholders from across various institutions have
joined minds to produce guidance materials for researchers, libraries, and
librarians to prepare for the 2023 NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
<https://sharing.nih.gov/data-management-and-sharing-policy>. Our working
group has created documents for librarians and researchers to use in their
institutions as they work to comply with the new policy, including:

   -

   Glossaries of DMSP & NIH Grant Terminology
   -

   Checklist for Researchers
   -

   Policy Readiness Checklist for Librarians
   -

   Example DMSP & Example DMSP catalog

You can download the materials and see any updated releases at our OSF
project page: https://osf.io/uadxr/
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fosf.io%2Fuadxr%2F&data=05%7C01%7CLena.G.Bohman%40hofstra.edu%7Ca3f3676ac172455d390408daac539299%7Ce32fc43d7c6246d9b49fcd53ba8d9424%7C0%7C0%7C638011772196674402%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=j0mdqenI4eOO2l0dRq4DRmD3reHOJlJ9TInEevoccEg%3D&reserved=0>.
We have also utilized the OSF wiki to provide descriptions of our outputs,
as well as citation information.

We hope that you will spread the word and use these resources at your
institution and in your libguides. Please feel free to remix these
documents to suit your needs with credit to our group.

If you would like to learn more about these resources, there are two
upcoming webinars which will be presented by members of the working group
on our resources:

   1.

   “Preparing Librarians and Researchers for the NIH Data Management and
   Sharing Policy”, Presented by Health Science Librarians of Illinois. Date
   and Time: Wednesday, November 9, 10:00-10:45 AM Central Time. Zoom Link
   <https://hofstra.zoom.us/j/96993872540?pwd=aUdLOWt3L2hPb21rL0NMYXEwaVhKZz09>
   2.

   RDAP Education and Resources Committee November Webinar. Date and Time:
   Thursday November 17, 2:00-3:00 PM EST. Zoom Link
   <https://hofstra.zoom.us/j/96622266026?pwd=eklVWnBVUC9NdVd3aDZhczd5Q2Fjdz09>

Sincerely,

NIH DMSP Guidance Working Group

--