Halloween is coming up, so let's talk about something really scary–cover letters! There are many opinions about this dread-inducing part of applying for jobs. Some say that the cover letter is dead. Others declare that a great cover letter made the difference in their hiring decisions. To clear the cobwebs, I contacted Emily at "Hiring Librarians" to learn what the hiring officers she's interviewed had to say. They shared that cover letters are still a good idea, although 12.6% are not allowed to ask for or even want the letters. Emily and I agreed that knowing what an employer wants is key for job applicants. To do my part to help, I have added a new "Cover Letter Requirements" field to the job board. Employers can indicate if a cover letter is required, recommended, or not required for their listed position. I hope that this new update makes your job hunt a little less spooky this season. 👻 Erin

New on the Job Board

Erin O’Donnell, MMC

Outreach and Engagement Associate

🍅 Based in Basking Ridge, NJ

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Arlington, VA

clir.org  | @clirnews | jobs.diglib.org | sign-up for the job board digest