The Call for Proposals Deadline for the 2023 BitCurator Forum has been EXTENDED!

We will welcome submissions through October 22, 2022.

The 2023 BitCurator Forum will be held virtually March 28-30, 2023.

An international, community-led organization with 36 member institutions, the BCC promotes and supports the application of digital archives tools and practices in libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural heritage organizations. In previous years, the BitCurator Forum has focused on sharing strategies, approaches, and best practices for using digital archives tools and methods within processing workflows in archives, libraries, and museums. While we still encourage proposals in these topic areas, we also invite community members to explore themes that focus on areas such as starting from scratch, iteration and scalability, implementing “good enough” practices, issues pertaining to access and discovery, and hearing from intersecting perspectives and new voices. The Forum Committee welcomes participation from organizations and individuals working outside of academic and special collections libraries, members from BIPOC communities, students, and new professionals.

The BitCurator Forum is open to all. You do not need to be a BCC member or user to submit a proposal and/or attend the event. Please note that, like last year, this year’s registration rates will include a $0 option. We will also consider waiving registration fees for speakers.

Satellite Events

Although the 2023 Forum will be virtual, we encourage in-person satellite events to be organized in conjunction with the virtual forum. We will be adding information to the Event page as it becomes available. We hope to see you there!

About the Forum

The BitCurator Forum brings together representatives from libraries, archives, museums, and related information professions engaged in or considering digital archival work to acquire, better understand, and make available born-digital materials. The three-day forum will balance discussion of theory and practice of digital archiving and related digital analysis workflows with hands-on activities for users at all levels of experience with digital archival methods in general, including the BitCurator environment, and other tools for use in digital analysis and curation.

#BitCuratorForum

Forum Committee

The BitCurator Forum is organized by the BCC’s Forum Committee:
  • Lourdes Johnson, University of Miami, Leadership Team
  • Katherine Martinez, The New School, Leadership Team
  • Alice Prael, Yale University Libraries, Leadership Team
  • Emily Sommers, University of Toronto Libraries, Leadership Team
  • Elvia Arroyo-Ramirez, University of California Irvine Libraries
  • David Cirella, Yale University Libraries
  • Brian Dietz, NC State University Libraries
  • Elizabeth Dunham, Arizona State University
  • Jessica Farrell, Educopia Institute
  • Lara Friedman-Shedlov, University of Minnesota Libraries
  • Caitlin Perry, Educopia Institute
  • Kelly Phillips, Northern Arizona University
  • Lori Podolsky, McGill University
  • Kari Smith, Global Archivist LLC

--
Brian Dietz
Lead Librarian for Collections Stewardship and Discovery

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business that are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.