With apologies for duplication.

Please join us *next Tuesday *for the next installment of the LD4 Wikibase
Working Hour
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_LD4_Wikidata_Affinity_Group/Wikibase_and_WBStack_Working_Hours>
!

When: Tues. 25 October 2022, 2pm Eastern (time zone converter
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20221025T180000&p1=2416>
)

Registration: Please fill in this ZOOM Registration Link
<https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYtf-mspzooHNcUNxgslBZ7ZxCycrfwRoY5>
to register

The October Working Hour will feature one presentation:

Amy Ruskin of Northeastern University Library, will speak on the topic
of Wikidata
vs. custom Wikibases: Community history case studies.

The Boston Research Center (BRC) is a digital community history and
archives lab based in the Northeastern University Library. One of our
current projects involves taking an inventory of historical materials
related to Boston’s Chinatown, and we have been using Wikibase to store
multilingual data about the linked collections, organizations, and people.
In this presentation, we will discuss our experience of getting started
with a custom Wikibase and give an overview of our progress so far on the
Chinatown Collections project.

Amy Ruskin is the Data Engineer in the Digital Scholarship Group in the
Northeastern University Library. She has a Master's degree in Information
Studies from McGill University and a background in computer science and
statistics.

About the LD4 Wikibase Working Hour:

The LD4 Wikibase Working Hour
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_LD4_Wikidata_Affinity_Group/Wikibase_and_WBStack_Working_Hours>
seeks to create a space for GLAM professionals experimenting with
Wikibase/WBStack implementation, the software that Wikidata is based on, to
learn collaboratively and share tips, tools, and resources.  For more
details, see the project page
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_LD4_Wikidata_Affinity_Group/Wikibase_and_WBStack_Working_Hours>.
Sign up via this link <https://groups.google.com/g/ld4-wikidata> for LD4
Wikidata Affinity Group, Wikidata Working Hour, and Wikibase Working Hour
announcements.

--

Esther Marie Jackson | [log in to unmask]
Scholarly Communication Technologies Librarian