Hi Charles,

I went to the site I usually go to for phone fixes, because issues are usually due to settings or third party apps of some sort.  This is what came up. The 2nd one is actually from a samsung rep.  Good luck, hope this helps.

Tina

1)
Switch on Ultra powersaving mode and let the phone get switched off by itself by draining it's battery. Once it is in switch off position keep it on charging with fast charger for 150 complete minutes. Your problem will be solved mate[:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:]

2)
Samsung_India_<https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/182767>
Active Level 10
OPTIONS
<https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/my-phone-is-not-charging-past-70/td-p/6392#>

ý02-16-2017 11:17 AM in

Galaxy S<https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/bd-p/in-community-sp-gs>
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your concern. Let me recommend some steps to further isolate and determine what you are experiencing. Please be aware that device speeds may vary based on multiple outside factors. It appears that there may be a third party app or other program that may be leading to what you are experiencing. Placing your device in safe mode disables all third party apps upon startup, to help determine if the use of a third party app is interfering with your device .restart your phone in safe mode. While your phone is powered off, press the power button to turn on the phone, once you see the Samsung logo appear press the volume down key and hold it until you have completely booted up. Also, the relevant department may serve you better/speedily, if you can provide logs/video by registering this feedback in Error Section (Samsung Members App -> Feedback -> Questions/Errors -> Create -> Error reports).

Kristina Bing, MLIS
Librarian, Sentara Healthcare Library
757.388.3693

[cid:2eddef7f-00a6-426c-8395-e1d7bc8ae894]