From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Wednesday, 16 November 2022 11:38 am
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Zoom issues

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi my esteemed listmates,

I have not enjoyed success in the lst 2 outings with Zoom.

Their tech support is nonresponsive so when I have a choice I use MS Teams.

1st -  a patron checked out a library laptop to Zoom her court appearance,

All parties to the Zoom could hear her but never see her.

There was no checkmark next to the “Stop Video”nor * Hide Self View*.

She had to accept a continuance  because Zoom would not show her on camera.

These are poor people who cnalt afford an A/V dept and Zoom shouldn't require that.

Has anyone encountered this tech iwse and how have you fixed it?

2nd - I had a live evemntrpogrma I created and hosted. It revealed a person from another state fine and me on screen in Zoom.

Everyone could hear everyone and even in the room could hear us both where HDMI was connected from the laptop to the room's speakers.

The second I clicked Record the audio went silent. With no time to make Zoom happy, I created a new invite on MS Teams and it had no issues.

Has anyone had that challenge and if so how did you fix it?

Thank you!

Charles.
Charles Meyer
Charlotte County Public Library

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."