I personally don’t know enough about how cell phones isolate the software, but this sort of thing was quite possible on laptops if certain extensions or settings got replaced.

You used to have to do things where you would leave the laptop plugged in overnight, then run it out of power and leave it off for an hour, then repeat a couple of times for it to re-learn what the capacity of the battery were… but you don’t have time for that.

There were also some Apple phones that had issues with how it showed the charge (and draining very quickly) after an OS update.  It was bad enough that there’s a class action lawsuit over it, as the phones became nearly unusable as they drained so quickly and the battery indicator was useless, and there was no way for a user to fix it.  You can try searching just for the phone + batter issues, without mentioning the app, and see if there are any reported problems.  There were a LOT when I had the problem.  (I even intentionally didn’t upgrade for months, then finally thought ‘how bad can it really be?’  It drained from 100 to 80 in minutes, then to 40 in about an hour, then when it hit 1% would sit there for 30 minutes before powering off.  Maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of the old battery life)

My suggestion would be back everything up, do a factory reset of the phone, (possibly make sure it charges normally at that point) and then load your data back on it, without that app.  But I don’t think you have time to fuss around like that right now.

So as I would recommend to anyone in an area prone to losing power: buy an external battery pack, and make sure you keep it charged.

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"