*with apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

we kindly invite you to register for the following events co-organized by DataCite:

DataCite Connect meeting on March 20, 2023 in Gothenburg, Sweden <https://datacite.org/datacite-connect-2023.html> (co-located with the next RDA Plenary meeting <https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenary-meetings/next-plenary>)
#DataCiteConnect23 will provide a forum for discussion and networking to focus on national persistent identifiers (PIDs) and Open Science strategies. Participants will discuss how the DataCite community can engage in, contribute to, and support their implementation. Participants will learn about on-going efforts across different regions and will have the chance to work together to identify and discuss alignments between national strategies and their current/future plans. Check out the full program on our website <https://datacite.org/datacite-connect-2023.html>. This is an in person event that will not be recorded or streamed.

—
"Better Together: Complete Metadata as Robust Infrastructure <https://crossref.zoom.us/webinar/register/9316540002793/WN_yW9mF0GHQTuocdZ2Dx0hig>“ Nov 28, 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)
In this webinar co-organized by DataCite, Crossref, and ORCID, we’ll hear from Matthias Liffers from ARDC and representatives from Crossref, DataCite, and ORCID, to share their perspectives and provide guidance toward a world with richer metadata.

—
"IGSN IDs – All Sample Types, All Disciplines <https://datacite.zoom.us/webinar/register/7516686299224/WN_L0daf6CCTAq0roQF0sWf3A>“ Dec 8, 2022 07:00 AM (UTC)
This webinar, co-organized by DataCite and IGSN e.V., is aimed at anyone with an interest in the collection management of material samples in the broadest sense.

—
"How five PIDs (and their metadata!) could save your country millions! <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/how-five-pids-and-their-metadata-could-save-your-country-millions-tickets-464064899607>“ Nov 22, 2022 2:00 PM (UTC)
This webinar, organized by Australian Research Data Commons (ARCD), gives a brief overview of the cost-benefit analysis report. Afterwards, representatives from Crossref, DataCite, ORCID, RAiD, and ROR will discuss their responses, their thoughts on next steps, and how they’re working together to help realise the benefits for the research community in Australia and around the world.

We look forward to welcoming you to these events.

Best regards,

Paul Vierkant
--

Paul Vierkant | Outreach Manager | DataCite
he/him/his | Central European time <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/germany/berlin>