Hello, All! Just passing along this opportunity. I am on the search committee, and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Job opportunity: University Data Archivist, University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota Libraries seeks to hire a University Data Archivist to manage and preserve university-produced research and institutional data as part of our data repository and University Archives programs. The position reports to the University Archivist & Director of the University Digital Conservancy.
Major responsibilities include:
- Provides timely data repository operational management and coordination of curation tasks with an interdisciplinary team of data curators in the University Libraries for incoming data deposits to the data repository.
- Contributes to policies and procedures for datasets added to the University Archives and the institutional and data repositories, including the discussion of metadata standards, the migration of formats, identifying issues of data retrieval and sharing, the application of federal laws and university policies, and digital preservation.
- Provides appraisal services for faculty and campus units to identify at-risk datasets and develops workflows to preserve their data in all formats within the institutional and data repositories or within the records collection of the University Archives.
- Expands access to the digital and analog research datasets within the faculty research collections and university office records held in the University Archives through archival description.
- Enhances public engagement and transparency through collaborating with system-wide administrative offices to capture and preserve institutional data that documents university functions and initiatives for public accountability and of historical significance.
This is a full-time, 12-month, professional academic appointment. The salary minimum for this position is $58,500.
Minimum qualifications include a Masters' degree from an ALA accredited library school or an advanced degree with relevant experience. Experience working with datasets, data appraisal, and/or data curation. Experience working with repository platforms or content management systems. Demonstrated understanding of digital preservation strategies. Commitment to diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion.