On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 11:33, Niqui O'neill eloquently inscribed:

> Finally, I will say regex is useful but I would not feel like you need to
> memorize how to use it. I always have to look up my regex expressions and I
> test them using this tool: https://regex101.com.

Regex is a language.  Memorizing vocabulary and grammar of any language is unnecessary (if even possible), but memorizing 2% and understanding some basic structure rules can get you astonishingly far.  Having a good dictionary or reference site is always useful too.  ☺  I keep one of these on my desk:

https://www.zazzle.com/regular_expressions_quick_reference_two_tone_coffee_mug-168607272387736153

Erich

--
Erich Hammer            Head of Library Systems
[log in to unmask]         University Libraries

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-
ridden people maintaining a free civil government."
                              -- Thomas Jefferson