From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2022 4:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Hiring a programmer

Thank you Jackie, Erich, Mark Jon, Deborah and all others!

2 projects I’ve got on the back burner.

1 – since I can’t find any voice-to-text software other than DNS ($500) and don’t wish to use the Windows/Word voice-to-text or Google options, which others have used (not just Googled but actually used) I was curious what kind of price range it would be to hire a programmer to create a voice-to-text program?

For confidentiality purposes, I can't be on the net for the voice-to-text.

I’m not a software developer so I have no idea the actual costs and time involved in creating, developing and completing such a project. Maybe I need to wait for that winning lottery ticket?!

2 – I wanted to create or have created a short animated object. I’ve read about Blender but with no experience creating animation it was a slog to watch Blender tutorials and then try to develop what I wanted. It was easier (although certainly not easy) to learn the basics of some free video editing software.

I then posted a request to see to if anyone might help me or I could hire on Blender but that was met with a thud.

The vison I have for the animated object really needs to be in 3D and not 2D although I do respect how 2D can work well in some projects.

Perhaps, if I wasn’t teaching 3D printing, doing video recording, running AV, doing video editing, creating writing programs, and doing all the other tasks needed in a public library I might have a little left over time to play with Blender but not so far.

Thank you for all your thoughts and suggestions.

Charles.

Charles Meyer

Charlotte County Public Library