> On Dec 26, 2022, at 1:59 PM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> My esteemed listamtes,
>
> The 1st couple of years AR worked really well.
>
> So much better than Windows Explorer.
>
> File Explorer has proven so unreliable and time consuming but AR has not
> worked well for me for over 2 years now.
>
> The tech guy just keeps instructing me to uninstall and reinstall which
> "solves" search problems for a month or 2.
>
> Ex. I search for all files created on my flash drive from 12/1/2022
> -12/25/2022 and AR looks for 3 seconds and then gives up with "No files
> found" when I can open at least 15 files in File Explorer and see they were
> created between those dates and are on that flash drive.

I know nothing about that software or software like it, but the behavior sounds to me like a corrupted index if uninstalling/reinstalling works.

You might see if there’s an option to do a full re-index, and have it run some time when you’re not using it (like the first Saturday of the month, if you work weekdays)

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"