> On Dec 10, 2022, at 5:27 PM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Jackie, Erich, Mark Jon, Deborah and all others!
>
> 2 projects I’ve got on the back burner.
>
> 1 – since I can’t find any voice-to-text software other than DNS ($500) and
> don’t wish to use the Windows/Word voice-to-text or Google options, which
> others have used (not just Googled but actually used) I was curious what
> kind of price range it would be to hire a programmer to create a
> voice-to-text program?

I suspect that would be a *LOT* more than $500.

You’re asking for someone to recreate something that large companies spent hundreds or thousands of man-years developing.  You’re better off just buying the license.

…

> Perhaps, if I wasn’t teaching 3D printing, doing video recording, running AV, doing video editing, creating writing programs, and doing all the other tasks needed in a public library I might have a little left over time to play with Blender but not so far.

Does your library subscribe to any services that have training for 3D modeling stuff?  Even if it’s not specifically Blender, you might learn enough of the lingo and concepts to make it easier to learn Blender.

You might also look to see if the local community college has any offerings.

The problem as I see it is that you’re looking for an art for hire type situation… and that’s just draining on people.  No matter what you create, it never seems to quite match what’s in the person’s head, so they’re never really happy with what you make for them.

You’re likely either going to need to build it yourself, pay someone a lot of money to produce something that you’re happy with, or find someone just starting out who’s willing to do it for done token amount to try to build up their portfolio.  And you might be able to find that last person if you take a class, and can propose your idea as a group project, but the rest of the group might have creative tweaks to it.

-Joe