**With apologies for cross-posting**

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to share the release of Scholastica's 2022 "State of Journal Production and Access" report. The report encompasses the results of our second global survey of independent scholarly society, research institution, and university publishers about how they're approaching journal production and content access now and in the future.

Some quick highlights:
  • Over 80 individuals working with journal programs in 28 countries took the survey
  • When asked to rate their publishers' primary production goals, most respondents chose "journal/article search engine optimization"
  • Publishers are prioritizing transitioning journals to OA and identifying viable fully-OA funding models

The goals of the survey and this subsequent report are to help publishers benchmark their production and access priorities against their peers and provide a snapshot of the evolution of academy-led publishing programs up to this point for all stakeholders, including publishers, editors, researchers, libraries, and funders.

Please feel free to share the survey report with any colleagues who may be interested, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Wishing you a happy holiday season and new year!
Danielle

--
Danielle Padula
Community Development | Scholastica