Hello, CODE4LIB,

I'm very excited to share an exciting new thing for us -- a data librarian internship 🎉 Please take a look and share widely:

The team of librarians, scientists and software engineers at Axiom Data Science is actively working on research computing projects that require: an understanding of metadata, and its maintenance; data management concepts of all stripes, particularly folder naming conventions; and documenting historical digital scientific data sets, hopefully with insight from archival best practices. We're looking for interns interested in exploring these skills (and more) during or after library school.

I know -- so geeky! But we love it, don't we?

Ok, on a more formal note, the job description's tag line is: We are seeking a part-time, Data Librarian Intern for 10 – 15 weeks this summer. This position can be remote, or you can work in one of our office locations in Anchorage, AK; Portland, OR; or North Kingstown, RI.

Full details are available here: https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/data-librarian-intern-32106

Just a year ago Axiom was a small team based mainly in Alaska or Rhode Island, working on cyberinfrastructure projects for large scientific research, mostly oceanography. Now we're a Tetra Tech Company, remote-friendly, and still mostly a small team working on cyberinfrastructure projects for large scientific research.

Please contact me if you have any questions about the work or the posting

Thank you,
Adrienne

P.S. Can I just say, if you're wondering if you should apply -- you should apply!

Adrienne Canino
Data Librarian
Axiom Data Science
Anchorage, Alaska