From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2023 10:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [External] [CODE4LIB] Medical Records Portals - Hacking

My esteemed listmates,

Has anyone found reliable analysis and risk factoring of the vulnerabilities of health care (medical) portals?

Health care professionals from doctor offices to hospitals all insist patients subscribe to their health care portal.

That raises the question of how difficult is it for hackers to access your medical records?

We’ve seen in the news how county governments have had to pay for the ransomware holding their operational software hostage.

Is it such a stretch those nefarious characters could also hack our medical records and hold hospitals hostage?

They could, conceivably, do the same with library materials patrons have checked out holding the county hostage for that info.

Thank you.

Charles

Charles Meyer

Charlotte County Public Library

Caution: This message originated from outside of the Tufts University organization. Please exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments. When in doubt, email the TTS Service Desk at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call them directly at 617-627-3376.