Charles,

Paint.Net is FOSS (https://getpaint.net/) and award winning.  I find it easy to use and it is very powerful.  I generally recommend it to any relative beginner who claims to need Photoshop because for the vast majority of folks, it is more than enough.

Erich

On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 15:01, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: