For a technical position like that I would state an MLIS degree or
equivalent experience. There is a lot to be said for hands-on library
experience regardless of the actual degree you have. I have been working in
libraries for 25 years and opted to get an MBA in IT management instead of
an MLIS. After having worked in libraries for about 20 years already that
was the degree that would provide the most career opportunities. I had
worked in every area from library assistant to reference to cataloging
while all along the way being taught by brilliant librarians how to do the
work. I was also simultaneously managing the website and IT
responsibilities because I had a knack for it. Now I am in my dream job at
another institution.

Nicole

--

Nicole H. Scalessa

Head of Digital Scholarship and Technology Services

(845) 437-5219 <+18454375219>

she, her, hers

Digital Scholarship Services Collaboration
<https://dissco.vassarspaces.net/>

(DiSSCo) Zoom <https://vassar.zoom.us/j/2989322219> Office Hours Mondays
2-3PM

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to
[image: Vassar] <https://www.vassar.edu/> [image: Vassar-Libraries]
<https://library.vassar.edu/>[image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Vassar?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>
 [image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/vassarcollege> [image: