Dear all,

Join colleagues from the J-Ark project, European Commission and Europeana
Foundation for Preservation of Digital Heritage in the Data Space | Wednesday,
February 22nd, 8.30am - 11.30am GMT. In this conference they will explore
some of the bigger questions about the future of digital preservation,
within the context of the common European data spaces.

How long is ‘long-term’ preservation? How do we ensure we preserve not only
mainstream collections, usually safeguarded by institutions well-equipped
with preservation means, but also archives of small organisations,
communities, and even personal archives? How do we save on costs by looking
at the ecosystem as a whole rather than at specific use cases?

The full programme, list of speakers and registration details are available
here
<https://pro.europeana.eu/event/preservation-of-digital-heritage-in-the-data-space>
.

You can also view the Europeana Linkedin page
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/europeana_how-long-is-long-term-preservation-how-activity-7026528371064897536-rH34/>
for
further information.

Kindest regards,

Helena
--

Helena Watson (she/her), Marketing Officer

Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) <https://openpreservation.org/>

Twitter <http://twitter.com/openpreserve> | GitHub