We used to use Salesforce for tracking faculty engagement and recording
instruction statistics. It proved to be too cumbersome to use. We never
found ourselves consulting the records, and the stats reporting was much
easier to both collect and analyze with simple forms and spreadsheets. We
are a small library (4 librarians) so it was easier to just talk to each
other about faculty interactions than consult a rarely used system. I could
see it being helpful for a larger institution, though.

Best,
Eric