[IU Scholars' Commons]

Wednesday Noon Digital Scholarship Series

Digitizing Bronzeville: A Digital Project Examining Housing and Urban Community

February 22, 2023 | 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
via Zoom

Brandon Stokes, Doctoral Candidate,
African American and African Diaspora Studies
Indiana University Bloomington

Register for More Information<https://events.iu.edu/libraries/event/811819-1>

This project will examine the digital component to my dissertation concerning two housing developments in Chicago’s Bronzeville community. The privately developed Lake Meadows and the public developed Clarence Darrow Homes went on divergent paths and through data visualization we can see how and why these housing complexes varied in their development. The humanities offer a way to tell the story of housing development but a the digital world offers a way to tell this story to a wider audience. Data visualization offers researchers a way of changing how we use data and how data can tell a story will bridging the gap between the digital world and the humanities.

The Wednesday Noon Digital Scholarship Series is held Wednesdays from12:00-1:00 pm EST. The complete schedule, including abstracts, is available at: https://libraries.indiana.edu/wednesday-noon-digital-scholarship-series. Register for each session for more information, including access to the Zoom link.

To receive a reminder and an abstract for each presentation, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the message body: SUBSCRIBE wednesday-noon-l Your Full Name or visit

Instructions: At IU, what is Zoom, and how do I know how to use it?<https://kb.iu.edu/d/bfqu> [UITS KB]
or, How do I join a Zoom meeting?<https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-> [vendor documentation]

For full Wednesday Noon Digital Scholarship Series schedule, please visit