Woohoo! Congratulations contributors & committers, and thank you. That’s a looong list of updates<https://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/releases/tag/v8.0.0>.

I’m already hearing some people say that 8 is the best Blacklight yet. :D

- Tom

On Mar 17, 2023, at 9:11 AM, Benjamin Armintor <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

We're happy to announce the release of Blacklight 8.0.0, fortuitously timed with Code4Lib 2023! This is the result of sprawling community contributions across Blacklight's issues, comments, accessibility reviews, code contributions, and project wrangling - thank you to everyone who has pitched in on our first major release in 4 years.

Major updates and enhancements include:
- Bootstrap 5 support
- jQuery-optional deployment
- better-defined APIs for developing reusable customizations and presentation changes
- modern Ruby, Rails, and JS/CSS bundling support

Full release notes are on github at: https://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/releases/tag/v8.0.0

Special thanks to the Blacklight-supporting institutions that have been upgrading their applications to the v8 release candidates to minimize upgrade pain; please feel free to connect to the community about post-release upgrades on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/blacklight-development and the #blacklight channel on the Code4Lib Slack (https://code4lib.slack.com/) . Or file issues for bugs at https://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/issues.

Ben Armintor (on behalf of the Blacklight committers)