Hello Martin,

You may be happy to hear that Mozilla's Firefox web browser's newer update
allows for simple PDF edits:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/1356707/firefox-106-adds-a-nifty-pdf-editing-feature.html
You'd also be able to add pages to existing PDF files using Dochub:
https://www.dochub.com/en/functionalities/add-pages-into-a-pdf-in-mozilla-firefox
You may be able to identify an OCR solution from choosing from Firefox's
OCR extensions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=OCR

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

Thanks,
Mark A. Pernotto