Just one caveat with many of the newer PDF tools coming out recently, including the Firefox browser one. If you need to do anything with a particular format like PDF/UA (tagged for accessibility) or PDF/A (archival), these newer tools do not always work great. Many devs don't know about and/or don't care about specialty PDF formats. Mozilla has been strongly criticized for how badly their new editor hands PDF/UA.

Kate Deibel

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Mark Pernotto
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 12:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] PDF editing options

Hello Martin,

You may be happy to hear that Mozilla's Firefox web browser's newer update allows for simple PDF edits:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/1356707/firefox-106-adds-a-nifty-pdf-editing-feature.html
You'd also be able to add pages to existing PDF files using Dochub:
https://www.dochub.com/en/functionalities/add-pages-into-a-pdf-in-mozilla-firefox
You may be able to identify an OCR solution from choosing from Firefox's OCR extensions: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=OCR

Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

Thanks,
Mark A. Pernotto