Hello everyone,

It’s been brought to my attention that I left off the meeting call-in information. My apologies!

The meeting takes place Monday April 10, 2023 at 3:00 PM EST on Zoom<https://clirdlf.zoom.us/j/81455846015?pwd=Y1ZPMnRKSTd1eFdoN0pHdWxQMHhRQT09>

Best,
Gayle

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate
🍑 Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land<https://www.whose.land/en/>)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)<https://www.diglib.org/>
Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR<http://clir.org/>)
Alexandria, VA
@CLIRDLF<https://twitter.com/CLIRDLF> | @akaGladys<https://twitter.com/akaGladys>

Let’s Connect
- Schedule an online call with me directly<https://meetings.hubspot.com/gayle-schechter>

My weekly schedule is Monday-Thursday.

My working day may not be your working day. Please don’t feel obliged to reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

From: Gayle Schechter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 11:00 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: DLF AIG Cost Assessment and PMG Joint Discussion Session: Digitization Workflow Tools

Please join the DLF AIG Cost Assessment Working Group and the DLF Project Managers Working Group on a joint discussion session on digitization workflow tools. We will be discussing the various tools used to manage the post capture workflows such as: Goobi, LIMB Processing, Capture One, PixelFlow, Opus FreeFlow and WorkFlow among others.  We invite all who are interested in the topic and those who have worked with these tools to share their experience and knowledge pertaining to any cost analysis, project management analysis and overall functionality.

Here are links to some of the platforms we’ll be discussing:

Capture One: https://heritage-digitaltransitions.com/capture-one-ch/
Gobi: Goobi: Overview of the functionality (intranda.com)<https://www.intranda.com/en/digiverso/goobi/goobi-overview/>
LIMB Processing: https://www.limbsuite.com/limb-processing
Opus FreeFlow and WorkFlow: DLSG - Digital Library Systems Group<https://www.dlsg.com/opus-freeflow>
PixelFlow: DT PixelFlow | Pixel Acuity (pixelacuity-digitaltransitions.com)<https://pixelacuity-digitaltransitions.com/pixelflow/>

About the DLG AIG Cost Assessment Working Group:
A subgroup of the Assessment Interest Group, the Cost Working group is an ideal place for digital lab practitioners and managerial staff alike to come together to talk about practical ways to assess the resources necessary to plan and execute successful digitization projects.

The AIG Cost Group focuses on identifying tools that may serve a wide range of digitization efforts. Our current goal is to analyze the data collected through multiple small surveys in 2021 and 2022 and use it to inform new initiatives.

Beyond the surveys, we continue to support the project subgroups that developed from members’ shared interests and work on various resources and issues. The current subgroups are insourcing vs. outsourcing, a registry for vendors, assessing scans per linear feet, best practices, and cost estimation.

About DLF Project Managers:
The group provides a forum for sharing project management methodologies and tools, alongside broader discussions that consider issues such as portfolio management and cross-organizational communication. The group also maintains an eye towards keeping pace with the dynamic digital library landscape, by bringing new and evolving project management practices to the attention and mutual benefit of our colleagues.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the group chairs: Rachel Senese ([log in to unmask]), Julia Simic ([log in to unmask]) or Anu Paul ([log in to unmask]).