Have you ever experienced that moment when you finally "get" something? Where you go from "oh, yeah, I know about that," to "oooh...now I really get it!" That was my experience with Dr. Lydia Tang's keynote speech at Code4Lib on accessibility in the field of information sciences. My lightbulb moment was watching a short, but powerful, recording of a screen reader attempting (and failing) to decipher a visually designed archival finding aid. So when she challenged attendees to do "one thing each day" to make the world a little more accessible, I didn't need convincing. Today, I made the digest text darker to work better in dark mode and tweaked the hyperlink color to be accessible for colorblind readers. That didn't take long at all! Want to do your one thing? This Accessibility Auditing Shortlist, created by the DLF Digital Accessibility Working Group, is filled with many things you can do today! 🌻 Erin

New on the Job Board

Erin O’Donnell, MMC

Outreach and Engagement Associate

🍅 Based in Basking Ridge, NJ

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Arlington, VA

clir.org  | @clirnews | jobs.diglib.org | sign-up for the job board digest