Hi all,

Thanks so much for adding your discussion topic ideas to the Infrastructure Interest Group poll! In order of popularity (most popular first), here are the topics group members would like to talk about. Further description of each is available at the polling site:

  1. Cloud Infrastructure for Digital Preservation
  2. Storage strategies and requirements for research datasets
  3. 3 (copies) -2 (technologies) -1 (local) Preservation strategy. Are multiple AWS Zones adequate or are regions needed?
  4. The role of AI now and in the future for digital preservation and appraisal. Are we ready for embracing new technologies?
  5. Staging areas and workflows
  6. Challenges with edge compute and storage devices.
  7. Authorization and access controls for local and remote (cloud) storage.

https://www.tricider.com/admin/3UqV047LvmN/ERtRmm1CbIV

Robin and I would like to invite group members to speak about any one of these topics at our upcoming meeting on March 20th (especially the first few, given their ranking).

If you have information to share related to these and are open to leading a short talk, please reach out! Our goal is to have two 10-15 minute discussions lined up, which will allow for plenty of Q&A time.

Thank you!

Eric Lopatin & Robin Ruggaber

Infrastructure Interest Group co-chairs

Eric Lopatin | Product Manager, Digital Preservation

California Digital Library | University of California Curation Center (UC3)