Charles,

Sharing encrypted files is not a trivial problem that can be resolved without third-party software.  It sounds like you want to create a self-encrypted file that the recipient can just double-click, enter the password, and see/use.  Here are a couple sites arguing that is not a good choice:

https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/avoid-self-decrypting-files/
https://www.articsoftpgp.com/exe_encryption.htm

I think at a minimum, your client will need either a piece of software that can decrypt the file, or a shared space on a trusted cloud storage service where you can put the unencrypted file.  I suppose if you are both on the same (quality -- not an ISP) mail system, messages between accounts should be transferred in a secure manner within the system of trusted servers and not on the "open" internet.  That might be enough for rare needs.

As for removal of attachments, most mail applications will allow you to remove attachments while leaving the message behind.  You just have to find the right menu.

Good luck,
Erich

On Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 10:05, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: