Whichever software you use, you'll always have to create the boxes and lines yourself because every diagram has a different number/configuration of boxes and arrows.

I have found Visio fairly good (certainly easier than doing it in Word). If you do something really complex then occasionally the lines will jump around unexpectedly as it tries to "help" you with the layout, but for a straightforward diagram this is less of a problem.

Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Sunday, 23 April 2023 2:51 am
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] data flow chart diagram

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

My esteemed listmates,

I'm looking to create a data flow chart diagram in Word.

I've Googled this and found a couple of sites where they teach you how to create one from scratch.

It's rather time consuming.

Have you found any free templates where all you have to do is type in text in the boxes or ovals in that template?

Ex. the lines to connect each box on the same line are already drawn and the boxes are already there and the arrows  to the next set of boxes on the next line are already there with lines across the  page already there so it's like complying a form?

Thank you.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."