> On Apr 10, 2023, at 2:06 PM, Samuel Bello <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Please can anyone give me a free download link to install a free Pdf
> converter to be used off line to covert Pdf to word / word to Pdf and other
> documents formats to Pdf.
>
> The Nitro I like most required payment after initial 7 days trial. Even, at
> the initial trial period not all the functionalities are accessible.
> Thank you all as I will appreciate any help about this.
>
> --
> Samuel Bello
> Departmental Librarian
> DDIS Library
> UI

I use a Java library called Tika for this purpose. [1] It works in two ways:

  1) simply open it in GUI mode, drag a file (or URL) on to the
     resulting window, and Tika will return a plain text version
     of the given file

  2) from the command line, give it an input directory and output
     directory, and all the files in the input directory will have
     their plain text extracted

Like anything else, it requires practice, but it is quick, efficient, and as accurate as possible.

[1] Tika - https://tika.apache.org/

--
Eric Morgan