Dear all,

Over the last couple of months the Digital Preservation Coalition has been working to procure and migrate to a new Learning Management System (LMS). Our LMS is primarily used to host and provide access to the Novice to Know-How (N2KH) courses, developed in partnership with and funded by The National Archives (UK).

The new LMS, LearnWorlds, provides lots of exciting benefits to help us serve the learning needs of the digital preservation community, including a cleaner and more intuitive interface. The most exciting change, however, is the large increase in the number of learners to whom we can offer training at one time.

What does this mean for you? It means anyone can now sign-up directly for the N2KH courses on their own schedule, rather than having to adhere to the monthly cohort scheme we previously operated. And when we say anyone, we mean anyone! There will also no longer be waitlists for access to the course for those not in the UK or part of the DPC membership.

The same will be true of the forthcoming N2KH: Email Preservation course, which will be available from 1st July. If you’d like to hear more about this new course, register for our launch event on 29th June.

We also have a range of new courses planned for the near future, including “Web Archiving for Beginners”, “Risk Management for Digital Preservation”, and “A Continuous Improvement Approach for Digital Preservation”. These will all be available for free to DPC members and reasonably priced for non-members. Keep an eye out for more information later in 2023.

In the meantime, find out more about signing up for the Novice to Know-How courses.

apologies for cross-posting

Kind regards/Met vriendelijke groet,

Angela Puggioni
Community Engagement Manager

Digital Preservation Coalition

http://www.dpconline.org/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @AngelaP_DPC

Work days: Monday through Friday

Join us for DPConnect: 30 minutes of live digital preservation news and networking with the DPC every Friday (https://www.dpconline.org/events) ########################################################################

to manage your NDSA-ALL subscription, visit ndsa.org/ndsa-all