Have you considered a basic flip phone that cannot connect to the internet?  The other option may be an older smartphone without a service -- they will generally still allow 911 calls.

-Dale

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2023 12:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Cell Phone - restricted use

My esteemed listmates,

To protect a good person who’s proven vulnerable to financial predators, I’m trying to ascertain if there is a cell phone which only dials out to
911 for emergencies?

She has fallen prey to Instagram criminals and the goal is to provide her with a cell phone she can call for emergencies but can’t reach Instagram or any social media outlets or to text.

Is this technologically possible?

Thank you,

Charles.

Charlotte County Florida Public Library