I am the math and stats librarian at University of Michigan Ann Arbor and I have the joy of being the person in my library that supports LaTeX, primarily around dissertation formatting as one of our learning and teaching groups was already doing that for Word and I have some LaTeX familiarity from my days as a mathematician. Before I started here it was something that did really fall through the cracks and there were over a dozen different dissertation templates that were floating around, all but one of which did not meet the formatting standards. My main job has been to just point people over and over again to the template that does work and every once in a while make some changes to it. I also do some Intro to LaTeX outside of my departments as none of the sciences or engineering seem to teach it as the mathematical sciences do.

Hope this helps,

Sam