> On Jul 16, 2023, at 2:19 PM, charles meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> My esteemed listmates,
>
> I was asked what equipment (affordable) he could buy to scan in his 2.25 "
> x  2.25" slides from an old camera.
>
> I recall years ago Costco was providing services like that but my local warehouse doesn't.

You can get slide/negative scanners from Amazon and other sites.  There are low-end ones that are under $100 if they don’t need fantastic resolution.

(They’re basically a camera with a light box, so you slide the film or slides in (possibly in a carrier device), then it takes a picture of each one)

But read the online reviews.  Some are better than others, as you want one that has a good consistent light across the whole field, and isn’t going to be a pain to use.

There are also digitization services where you mail them your stuff, and they do it for you… but there’s a slight chance of risk with that.  (I’m still waiting for a certified letter that I sent in October to get delivered)

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"