Dear all,

*A note from the European Commision, on behalf of the eArchiving
Initiative.*

The "Laptops for Ukraine" initiative has been expanded to help cultural
heritage institutions, such as museums and libraries, in Ukraine to
digitally document, scan and photograph documents and objects at risk of
being lost due to the war.

Laptops for Ukraine is an initiative supported by the Ministry of Digital
Transformation of Ukraine, the European Commission and Digital Europe. The
scheme is helping Ukraine stay connected after the full-scale invasion by
Russia. There is a pressing need for equipment, such as laptops, scanners
and data storage devices in order to be able to scan and digitally document
its cultural heritage. The aim is to be able to trace destroyed, lost and
stolen cultural heritage objects, to restore and bring them back to life,
preserve and make them available online to everybody.

Read the latest news article here and find out how you can donate,
including more information about which items are specifically needed by
cultural institutions:

Laptops for Ukraine initiative extended (europa.eu) News Article
<https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/news/laptops-ukraine-initiative-extended-help-museums-and-libraries-safeguard-cultural-heritage>

The eArchiving Initiative fully supports this important program. Please
also visit https://laptopsforukraine.com/ for more information.

Best wishes,

Helena

--

Helena Watson (she/her), Marketing Officer

Open Preservation Foundation (OPF) <https://openpreservation.org/>

Twitter <http://twitter.com/openpreserve> | GitHub