I've seen a lot of complaints about Tracfone customers losing minutes,
data, and/or service time, but from the way you describe it I think it's
just service time running out like Debbie said. There are other
companies that have service for less per month, but you'd have to use an
unlocked phone.  That could probably cost more than she'd want to
spend.  She might be able to use the Tracfone if it's unlocked.  They're
supposed to unlock it after 60 days if it's paid off.

I haven't checked lately, but when I used Tracfone, I had a plan that
came out to less than $7 a month if you had it auto-renew. It was a 3
month plan that didn't give much data, texts or minutes, but the unused
stuff rolled over.  I rarely used any, so it added up for the times when
I needed more.

--
*Tim McMahon*
West Liberty Public Library