Assuming you have a suitable font installed on the computers that are
looking at the barcodes (e.g.
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Libre+Barcode+128 <- not an endorsement,
YMMV, etc.), the HTML

Should display the value inside the span as a barcode, falling back to
Winding as an obvious indicator that something has gone wrong. If you're OK
hard-coding the font-family value, that should be fairly straightforward to
put in an XSLT.  I'm not familiar with the particular context of Alma, but
if your custom barcodes arere in a "custom-barcode" element in the source
XML:

<xsl:template match="custom-barcode">
            <xsl:value-of select="."/>
 </xsl:template>

might do the trick, although working out how to ensure that template is
matched in the right place might require more thought.

HTH,

AC