Hi Thomas,

The Evergreen ILS's search grammar is fairly well documented at
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=documentation:technical:search_grammar
and, while the fine details and stock configuration are out of date,
that should serve to explain how we treat different parts of a
complicated search query.  For a bit of backend detail on how
Evergreen goes about indexing bib data you can look at
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=documentation:indexing but
that is only a very small part of search indexing these days, as many
new features and functionality have been added since that was written.

HTH,

--
Mike Rylander
Research and Development Manager