On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 12:51:32PM -0400, charles meyer wrote:
> Would you please share any computer forensic expert or resources I might
> consider contacting re: a library program I'm producing re: computer - tech
> fraud?

It's not clear to me why you'd want a forensic expert if the topic
you want to explore is computer fraud.  I say that because a huge amount
of computer fraud takes place in plain sight and doesn't require any
forensic skills to understand.  That isn't to say that *no skills*
are required; but I can explain (for example) a typical phishing operation
using a typosquatted domain to anyone who understands the concepts of
domains plus perhaps some basic DNS, HTML, and HTTP.

A forensic expert would be who you want if - for example - you had
a disk drive which had been previously held content that had been
deleted and wanted to ascertain whether it was possible to recover
the data in whole or part.

But perhaps I'm not understanding what your goal is and maybe those
last two paragraphs are completely irrelevant. ;)  If so, please clarify
and I'll take a second try at this.

> I'm not certain who would be the certifying organization for a Computer
> Forensic Expert?

There are a lot of organizations offering a dizzying array of infosec
certifications, including for forensics and a myriad of other topics.
Not only are they all worthless cash cows, but they've driven the practice
of hiring-by-certification - which is convenient for recruiters/interviewers
but has led to disastrous outcomes...as we now see all day, every day,
in the ongoing parade of security breaches and dataloss incidents
happening at organizations staffed by people with a veritable alphabet
soup of certifications.  Surely if this strategy was going to work,
it would have worked by now?

---rsk