My esteemed listmates,

This is not a library question per se although I use my personal Dell
laptop daily at the library.

I need a battery replacement.

I visited Amazon for that battery replacement which finds about 5-6 pages
of results.

I proceeded to check on each battery listing to verify it ships from Amazon
but when I check on the seller so far (going down the list) hey list only
offshore manufacturers.

Sharing my credit card info with an offshore manufacturer with whom I have
no experience concerns me.

How have others handled this?

One thought was to buy an Amazon gift card and make the purchase with that.

But, I've been hearing these gift cards are getting targeted and drained by
miscreants.

Also, have you learned a way to filter Amazon results for just American
manufacturers?

Thank you so much.

Charles.

Charlotte County Public Library