To build on what Karen suggests, if your patron has multiple videos to share, then the easiest way would be to create a folder within her Google Drive account, add all the videos to that, and share the folder as a whole. This would only grant access to the folder and its contents, not to anything else in the drive.

Granular permissions like this are very robust on every drive-type product I've ever used or heard of, because it's such a common use case, so there's really no need to worry about any risk involved.

Deborah

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Schifferdecker, Karen
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 4:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] [EXTERNAL] [CODE4LIB] Google Drive - Access + Security

[You don't often get email from [log in to unmask] Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

Caution: This email originated from outside our organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Charles,

I don't know if there's technically a limit on Google accounts, but I at one point had three for various purposes. They are linked to a Gmail account -- I suppose you could have as many as you wanted (just create a new Gmail account/Google account).

That being said, you only share the individual files or folders within any Google Drive account that you want someone to have access to. Your patron would not need a separate Google Drive account to prevent others from seeing items in her original Google Drive account. If she has 50 items in her Google Drive account, and she only wants to share one of those (say an mp4 video), she would simply "share" or allow access to just that one mp4 video. Doing so would not give anyone access to the other 49 files in that Drive.

I hope this helps.

Karen Schifferdecker, MSIS
Electronic Resources Librarian
Library Collections & Discovery