All,

I am looking at the LoC relators at id.loc.gov, and am trying to
understand the implications of the multiple declarations for relator terms.

<rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/contributor"/>
<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#ObjectProperty"/>
<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://id.loc.gov/ontologies/bibframe/Role"/>

dct:contributor is not an Object Property; there is no object type
given, so I suppose it is de facto an Annotation Property. I read the
next statement as narrowing, so at statement 2 we have:
   subproperty of dct:contributor AND an owl:ObjectProperty

If my reading is correct, it would be a violation of this to use the
relator with a string rather than a thing.

(Stop me here if I'm wrong.)

Then the 3rd statement appears to say that the relator is a bf:Role,
which is a BIBFRAME-specific class. I can't wrap my head around the
functionality of this statement and would love a brief explanation. I'm
undoubtedly not into BIBFRAME deep enough to grok this.

Also, my reading is that each relator is ALL THREE OF THESE; this is an
AND not at OR. Right?

Thanks for any help,
kc

--