**Apologies for cross posting**

Registration is now open
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-baltimore-2024-tickets-730776782027?aff=nisoplusweb>
 for the fifth annual NISO Plus conference,
<https://niso.plus/home/baltimore/> taking place in person on February
13–14, 2024, at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor in Baltimore.

NISO Plus was first held in Baltimore, Maryland, in February 2020, just
prior to the shift to virtual meetings that occurred throughout the
community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, the conference
has been held virtually and has grown in popularity, drawing over 600
attendees from over 28 countries in 2023. In recent months, however, the
demand for a different modality has grown, and in response, NISO Plus
Baltimore <https://niso.plus/home/baltimore/> will be held in person, with
a virtual conference planned for September 2024.

Organized by a committee representing libraries, publishers, vendors, and
more from around the world, the program will consist of four tracks:
Metadata, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Open Access, and a
final "Wild Card" track that will include sessions from NISO working groups
and updates on NISO projects as well as topics that emerge over the next
few months. We will also host a half-day pre-conference immediately prior
to the event on February 12.

The meeting format will emphasize conversation over presentation and offer
opportunities throughout for participants to network, collaborate, and
explore solutions to challenges currently facing scholarly communications.
NISO will also continue with its tradition of hosting an awards luncheon
featuring the Miles Conrad Award and Lecture
<https://www.niso.org/awards/MCA>,  the NISO Plus Scholarship program, the
Ann Marie Cunningham Service Award, and the NISO Fellows awards.

Thank you to our event sponsors, Silverchair <https://www.silverchair.com/> and
the Modern Language Association <https://www.mla.org/>. If you’re
interested in joining them, you can review sponsorship opportunities and
sign up via our sponsorship form <https://forms.gle/hCQKASMedEYid3Mf6>.

Register by January 8, 2024, for early bird rates.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-baltimore-2024-tickets-730776782027?aff=nisoplusweb>
Discounts
are also available for LSA and LSA Consortia Members, Voting Members, and
students and retirees.

We look forward to celebrating our fifth anniversary with you in Baltimore!
In the meantime, check out our event page
<https://niso.plus/home/baltimore/> for updates on the program and
speakers.

Best,

The NISO Team